Friday 28 November 2008

Winter Takes Hold

Well winter is here and with it have come the usual colds, coughs and ailments.

The Froggart woods are still in that sad transition phase, where the colour from the autumn leaves has now left, but the decaying leaves are still grey and decomposing on the floor.

The Silver Birch that dominate the woods haven't yet reached that state of winter glory where they turn a deep purple at their extremities and a ghostly silver on the trunk.

My fell running has dropped off a little having had too many weekends away recently in urban environments and the inevitable festive over indulgence that goes with those trips. Something I hope to make up for with a good run this weekend, if I can shake this cough a little more.

The village is preparing for the winter months as well, we have a visiting ice rink on the sports field this weekend with a winter market thrown in for good measure.

As I type, I'm hoping my delivery of logs for the fire is about to turn up to add that comfort that a real fire brings to a home over winter.

My photography has dropped to an all time low sadly. Note to self, must get round to getting a new camera for next year and ensure a refresh the photographic element of my online presence.

A friend was up recently I was sold on the Canon G10 as an interim between buying a new DSLR. A great little camera that can produce high quality shots and with a decent wide angle to the lens that always help with landscape photography.

Anyway I want to finish with a toast to another season that is about envelope us with is bracing winds and cold temperatures, here's to winter.

No comments: